Between all of the available freelancers, copywriters, and bloggers out there you certainly have a variety of options when you need web content writers. But if you have a business blog and you want to ensure that you hire someone who will help you to see a serious ROI with it, there are some specific things that you should look for in your writers. Fortunately for you, we have come up with a list of things to look for when you are searching for web content writers.
- They know SEO. Any type of web content, be it web page content, a blog, or an article, should be designed for SEO. This includes formatting the text for SEO, using keywords, know how much content needs to be on each page to appeal to search engines, etc.
- They focus on keyword density. Just using keywords isn’t enough to increase your SEO. If you use keywords to much then engines like Google will dismiss your content as being “stuffed.” Too few keywords will make search engines look over your content.
- They are native speakers. It is hard to make your content sound natural and inspire confidence in your readers when it is written by writers who live outside of the US and for whom English is a second language. Grammar is certainly a major reason for this, but American inflections and terminology also plays a role in making your content authentic.
- They can walk the line between casual and professional. Web content writers need to be able to write serious, professional content in certain circumstances, and then be able to write more casual content for others. The ability to write both effectively is what is important and to know when one is better than another.
- They write with a specific purpose in mind and encourage engagement. Your businesses web content should be like a house with many doors: each door may open to a different place, but eventually all should lead you to a single room. For your business, that room is either an online store or a contact page. An expert web content writer creates content that leads the reader through your various channels and deposits them in a place where they can become a customer.
If you have any questions about web content writers, feel free to talk to us here at SevenAtoms. We can be reached at (925) 566-6969.