The days when your business could pat itself on the back for having a slick website with average content and a basic SEO approach are over. Today just having these things is well and good, but if your online presence isn’t creating new leads for you and actually driving your business, then it’s the time you start looking at your content marketing strategy seriously. You may have a lot of individual elements that are working for you: a business blog, a Facebook page, a LinkedIn page, a Twitter account, and email newsletters. Independently these do help your business and do create more leads, but without linking these things together under an overarching plan, their effectiveness can only go so far. Integrating these time proven elements with a powerful content marketing strategy will help create better quality leads for your business.
Here are few tips when coming up with your strategy:
- Knowing your target audience is crucial to any content marketing strategy. This dictates the type of content you will put on your blog, how formal or casual your Facebook posts will be, and how often you Tweet.
- Know what metrics you will follow. This ties in with your goal and is how you will track your progress. It is a good idea to study how your sites metrics stack up before you begin your plan in order to have a basis from which to improve on.
- Switch up formatting regularly. You should alternate between pictures, video and text. This will help keep your various content outlets fresh.
- Post information on all of your outlets. Just don’t post something on Facebook, post it on Twitter and your blog as well. Different customers frequent different parts of the web. This way you know you are casting the widest net possible.
- Just like every other aspect of your business, your strategy should have a goal. This can be something as simple as bringing in more web traffic or something more specific like getting people to click the “purchase now” button. Every piece of content should reflect this goal.
Before you begin your content marketing strategy, make sure you know how often you will post information. That way you will know how much of your resources you need to put toward developing your content.
Need help developing content that works for your business? Contact SevenAtoms and see how we can help with all of your content needs by calling (925) 566-6969 or by clicking here.
Image By: Gavin Llewellyn