Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is sometimes a bit tricky for Ecommerce companies. These sites have unique challenges when it comes to SEO because they have a distinct set of circumstances and best practices to follow. It is essential for these sites to employ Ecommerce SEO strategies that take these special conditions into consideration.
Below, we outline some effective strategies for Ecommerce SEO:
- Make your site easy to navigate. This is important not only for SEO, but also to enhance customer experience. Product pages should be organized intuitively and separated into easily understandable, searchable categories.
- Optimize the site for mobile devices. Offer mobile users an enjoyable experience through a responsive website.
- Perform keyword optimization for your URLs. Make each URL on the site unique and relevant using keyword optimization.
- Build deep inbound links. As you build links, work to link to the deepest pages of your site, such as pages for niche products.
- Create a unique product description for each product. It’s important that each product has a unique description as duplicate content can hurt rankings.
- Craft catchy meta descriptions for each product. The meta description appears underneath the hyperlink when the page shows up on a search engine, so make sure it captures the viewer’s attention.
- Include photos and videos for each product. Use videos and high-quality pictures for each product, including relevant metadata, so that you can show up in image-based searches.
- Develop seasonal categories to get the most out of your seasonal items. Create specific seasonal category pages to get the most out of your seasonal items, which typically have lower keyword competition.
- Keep pages for out-of-stock and discontinued items up and running. Keeping these pages up creates more permanent pages and indexable content for Google. Be sure to indicate that the product is no longer available.
- Encourage your customers to post reviews on each product page. This not only adds free, user-generated content to your site, but helps increase sales by showing visitors the product value.
- Incorporate social sharing options on product pages. This allows users to share your products with their friends and followers, and can also help SEO as Google often uses social buzz as a measure of authority.
- Make a community forum and stay engaged. This platform will allow users to recommend products to one another and lets your company engage and respond to questions, which increases brand loyalty.
An important part of SEO is monitoring and updating your website as your company continues to grow. Though Ecommerce SEO may be different from other types of websites, it is not as difficult as it is seems to be. By understanding and utilizing best practices, Ecommerce companies can better optimize their websites.