Effective content marketing strategies are essential to attracting your target market, fostering relationships with viewers, and converting visitors into buyers. But even with great content, you will still have people who leave your site without taking the desired action. In fact, according to a Forrester Research report, 96% of website visitors do just that.
This is where remarketing comes in. Content remarketing campaigns include strategies that tag site visitors and target them after they have left your site in order to reengage them and bring them back. These campaigns help turn those bounced visitors into leads, while cultivating repeat visitors, improving brand recall, and increasing the effectiveness of your content marketing.
How to Design Content Remarketing Campaigns
Here is what you need to know about designing a content remarketing campaign:
- Use the Google Display Network (GDN) to develop content remarketing strategies. With over two million sites in the network, GDN is one of the largest remarketing networks in the world and this powerful tool lets you find tagged visitors on the network across many sites, several times per day.
- Create effective remarketing ads. After you have defined your audience to remarket to, it’s time to create remarketing ads. The most effective remarketing ads are those that resonate with your audience emotionally. Appeal to the same emotions in your remarketing that you did in the content that initially got them hooked.
- Use successful tactics to optimize the clickthrough rate (CTR). In order to increase your CTR, use ads that send visitors to your best content or high-value offers, such as free trials or demos. You should also analyze your conversion path and send viewers to the page that is most likely to convert them into buyers.
- Use demographic filters to effectively manage bids. Use bid management to get your ads in front of qualified buyers, not just website visitors. To do this, use what you know about your target customer, such as age, location, gender, and income, and overlay this demographic information on top of your remarketing audience in AdWords.
- Utilize Advanced Ad formats. In addition to standardized image ads, you can also develop some creative ads in more advanced formats, such as YouTube Ads, +Post ads on Google +, and remarketing lists for search ads, which allow you to target people with customized ads when they search for keywords on Google.
A person’s past browsing history is one of the strongest predictors of future buying behavior. However, some visitors just need a little reminder of why they visited your site in the first place. All successful content marketing strategies should incorporate content remarketing campaigns in order to bring back those who were initially interested in what the brand has to offer.