Newsletters are great because they keep your business constantly in your customer’s (and potential customer’s) thoughts. When used effectively they help to lead the reader to take action and visit your website, blog, or social media page where they will hopefully make a purchase. When used poorly they are essentially spam. If you find that your newsletters have been falling into the latter category, then you are in luck: we have five tips on how to grow your B2B newsletter marketing service.
- Check your newsletters reporting to see how many people opened it. Be on the lookout for what types of content and headlines create more instances of the emails being opened and then use these types of topics in the future.
- Put a bit of information into your newsletter, but not too much. The idea is to get the reader’s attention and compel them to follow a link to another one of your inbound marketing channels.
- Keep you content short and simple. Remember that many, if not most of your newsletter’s readers will be reading the content on the go with a mobile device. Longer, more involved pieces of content will only turn them off to your newsletter and prompt them to delete it.
- Have a plan on how the newsletter directs the reader to your other marketing channels. For example, are you looking to use it to grow your social media following? If so, then you should have something in your newsletter encouraging them to visit your social media pages. It is also a good idea to check your landing pages. Never just send someone to your websites homepage.
- Engage with your reader by asking questions and having polls. Not only does this get the reader more involved with your brand, it can generate topics that you can talk about in your next newsletter.
Should you need more help with your B2B newsletter marketing, then look to the experts at SevenAtoms. You can reach us at (925) 566-6969 or by visiting our contact page.
Image By: JASElabs