In a fast paced business world, where our audience’s attention is pulled in diverse directions, many companies have found success in engaging their target markets through Inbound Marketing strategies. SaaS companies are no exception. Successful SaaS Marketing depends on utilizing inbound strategies to reach, engage, convert, and retain customers.
Why Inbound Marketing Works
Inbound Marketing focuses on how modern buyers consume information, make purchases, and live their lives. Inbound strategies consider this philosophy when targeting buyers through distinct buyer personas, utilizing information about buyer cycles, and nurturing leads. Companies use inbound marketing tactics, such as SEO, social media, email, and content marketing, to connect with their customers and ultimately, make a sale by building strong customer relationships.
Inbound marketing has many benefits that help SaaS companies solve common marketing challenges:
- Cost of Customer Acquisition is low. Most inbound strategies cost time instead of money, so the customer acquisition cost is low compared to other strategies. The best part is, content can continue to attract customers to the company long after it is created.
- Inbound marketing typically shortens the sales cycle. Those who are interested in SaaS products typically have lots of questions about features and benefits. Through effective content marketing, SaaS companies can shorten the sales cycle by answering these questions earlier in the customer’s experience.
- There is a strong focus on customer retention. SaaS companies often find customer retention difficult. However, by emphasizing customer experience and providing customers with valuable content, your company can build relationships that not only encourage customers to return, but also turn these consumers into brand advocates.
SaaS Marketing Must-Haves
Inbound Marketing strategies can help SaaS companies improve their marketing, but what does this look like in practice? Here are some important tactics that all SaaS Marketing should incorporate:
- Create original content that is valuable for both new and existing customers. Content creation is at the center of many inbound marketing strategies. By providing your visitors with helpful articles and up-to-date information and resources, you can both attract new leads and build stronger relationships with current customers.
- Generate leads through gated content. By asking visitors to give you basic information, such as their name, contact information, location, and job title, in return for valuable content, you are able to use this information to nurture that lead.
- Use social media to promote your content. After you have created original content that is valuable for your target consumers, share this content across social networks and through email.
- Use free trials to convert customers. For SaaS companies, using a free trial of your software can be just the trick to converting customers. Once the customer has signed up for the free trial, keep in touch with personalized communication to nurture the lead.
If you need help in deploying solid inbound marketing strategies for your SaaS business, contact us today for a free consultation.