In the two months since Facebook switched businesses from Fan Page to Timeline, has your brand made the most of this innovation in social media? If not, don’t despair. While there is a lot of initial work to do, the opportunity for your brand to boost engagement with customers is well worth the effort. Here are some tips:
- Follow the rules for all social media platforms – make your content genuine, reply to fans, encourage conversation and don’t resort to gimmicks.
- Get snap happy – Timeline is very image-focused, so have plenty of pictures, especially ones that show fans what goes on behind the scenes at your brand.
- Invest in a good cover photo – it’s the first thing people see when they visit a brand page and it grabs more attention than any content. This is your chance to project the culture and essence of your brand.
- Insights are your friend – pay attention to Friends of Fans, Reach and Virality because they demonstrate how many people have seen your content. People Talking About This rates engagement with your brand beyond Likes and clicks.
- Pin and highlight your way to more attention – This is crucial because social media users are inundated with information. By pinning one post per week, you extend the life of the content.
- Round up the apps – these get more visibility than anything below them on Timeline. Apps now include photos, videos, notes, events and over 3000 other ways to customize your slice of social media, so let your imagination run wild.
For any business with a minimal budget for social media or marketing, Facebook gives you plenty of free tools to get your message across. Make your
engaging so that it gets “liked