The hardest part of any Facebook marketing strategy is getting started. Once all of the important elements have been established and goals have been sent, it is simply a matter of upkeep and checking the results. For those who are having trouble getting started with their Facebook marketing strategy, we have come up with a little checklist to help out.
SevenAtoms Facebook Marketing Checklist
- Have a plan in place to ensure that you are putting up regular content. A day should not go by in which you don’t post something on your Facebook page. Schedule content for the days that you won’t have some to input it manually.
- Before you even start your Facebook marketing strategy, make sure you have looked at your current metrics and have used them as a basis to come up with a goal to measure ROI. Don’t focus on things like Likes or Followers. Instead focus on engagement and click through to your website.
- Dedicate someone who can be in charge of engagement. Facebook is an interactive medium and if you aren’t responding to at least some of the comments and questions that you see then you are using it wrong.
- Ensure that you will have various forms of content. Variety, as they say, is the spice of life and Facebook pages with different types of media like pictures and videos are more frequented and have a higher interaction rate.
- Determine your target demographic in advance. Like with everything else, if you try to be everything to everyone on Facebook you will quickly become irrelevant. Find a niche and create content tailored to it.
- Make sure you link your Facebook page to the rest of your inbound marketing channels. While it is a great place to find leads, it isn’t necessarily the best place to close them. Make sure you have links to your blog/website/online store as well as a sign up for your newsletter.
Know of something that didn’t make it on the list? Please share it in the comments!