Here are some things we can look forward to when that day comes:
- No more commuting! Finally.
- We can work in our pajamas with our pets at our feet. So long, dry cleaning bills! So long, pet day care!
- No more coworkers and their smelly lunches.
- We’ll be able to take our work with us wherever we go. The coffee shop, the beach, the zoo.
- We can work beside our spouses and loved ones all day long.
- We’ll be able to get so much more done without all those distractions and all that pre-meeting chatter about who went where over the weekend.
Here are some unpleasant things that we may want to look out for:
- We may still be commuting, and maybe more than ever. Maybe farther and faster. Maybe we’ll need to move back and forth between France and Chicago three or four times in a day. Hover-car traffic jams?
- What’s the point of pretty shoes if nobody can see them?
- No more coworkers at lunch, which means no more sketchy lunch truck guy with his questionable but delicious soups and meatball sandwiches.
- We’ll be able to take our work wherever we go. The coffee shop. The beach. The zoo.
- We’ll be working beside our spouses…all day long?
- I think I might miss the pre-meeting chatter. My dog never has any really good gossip.
All the same, I think the choice is clear.
Image courtesy: “Flickr.com”