Ecommerce has taken over the retail world, and it’s not hard to see why. The rise of the internet has led to an increase in online shopping. It has allowed businesses more opportunities to reach their target audience from different markets across borders and increase their sales. However, you’re not the only one vying to capture the attention of your target users. Standing out and making a name for yourself in the crowded ecommerce marketplace can be challenging.
This is where conventional and multilingual ecommerce marketing tactics come in. You should aim to create a robust marketing plan to attract more users to your website, convert them into loyal customers, and keep them returning for more – and being multilingual ensures that you won’t be limited to just, for instance, English speakers.
So let’s discuss ten tested and proven effective ecommerce marketing tactics, like social media and email marketing, that will help you achieve your business goals. We will cover all the essential ecommerce marketing strategies you need to know to succeed.
#1: Email Marketing
It might seem old school, but email marketing is one of the most effective ecommerce marketing tactics, as it is a consistent way you can directly engage your target audience. By building a list of subscribers interested in your products or services, you can share your branding through content with your audience and create targeted emails, promoting sales and encouraging them to purchase.
Here are some ecommerce marketing tactics for email marketing that you can do:
- Provide a lead magnet by making the emails you send valuable to your target audience, which will persuade them to subscribe.
- Create personalized emails to better connect and engage with your users.
- Use subject lines that are attention-grabbing so that the minute they check their emails, they feel compelled to check it. (Don’t overdo this, though – if you always promise something interesting and exciting but never deliver, they’ll just ignore or unsubscribe entirely).
- Your email list should be segmented, so that your emails can better target specific users.
- Test your emails first and identify what works best for your audience.
- Emails are also a great way for subscribers to not only learn about new products and services but promote upcoming company events and promotional offers.
#2: Social Media Advertising
Nowadays, much of our digital lives revolve around social media. HubSpot reported that an estimated 4.7 billion people use social media across the globe. In 2022, this increased by 4.2%.
Currently, ecommerce advertising in social media has become the second-biggest advertising market when it comes to digital ads, especially in the US market. If you are looking to expand into new markets and broaden your outreach, your ecommerce marketing strategy for social media ads should be personalized and accessible to your target audience.
Below are simple marketing tactics for ecommerce that you can do to maximize your social media advertising :
- Choose the right platform for your target audience.
- Create eye-catching ads that grab people’s attention.
- Use targeting options to reach the right people.
- Test different ad formats to see what works best.
- Keep up with engagement numbers and adjust your strategy accordingly.
Having an ecommerce business doesn’t have to be limited to your local area. In fact, that’s one of the main reasons to use ecommerce over brick-and-mortar stores! Expanding operations globally is an excellent way to increase customer base and revenue. If you plan on relaying your message to the world through social media advertising and content marketing, working with translation services and global marketers is absolutely crucial to ensure that quality translations will enhance your customer experience, build trust, and boost sales.
Translating and localizing content isn’t just so you can make your brand easier to relate to your target international users, but it will also improve your SEO and make your website more visible on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) of your target market.
To make the most of the translation, here are some simple marketing tactics for ecommerce you can do:
- Translate or localize your ecommerce website marketing and content across various languages.
- Collaborate with native translators and linguistic managers so you can get high-quality translated and localized content.
- Research, invest in, and use website translation and linguistic project management tools and services to increase web traffic, conversion rates, and overall sales.
- Test your website and marketing content in multiple languages to ensure they convey the message properly.
#4: Content Marketing
On the creative route, content marketing and the creation process are essential if you’re looking to establish your brand’s expertise and authority in your industry. This includes blog posts, podcasts, infographics, videos, and other types of content that will broaden your outreach and increase traffic to your website. You can also translate your content and implement a multilingual SEO strategy so you can make your content more relatable to non-English speaking users.
When it comes to content marketing, these are some of the best ecommerce marketing tactics you can do:
- Research and understand your audience so that you can create content that resonates with them.
- Use multilingual SEO tactics to optimize your content for search engines.
- Promote your content on social media and other channels.
- Track trends and adjust content output based on them.
#5: Influencer Marketing
The internet has led to the rise of influencers who collaborate with companies on projects that will promote their business’ products and services. Now, partnering with a local content creator or influencer in your target market can make promoting your brand a lot easier, as the influencer you can partner up with already has a number of followers and a strong community who will try out your products and services because of the trust they already have with the influencer.
Due to this, if you want to increase brand visibility by sponsoring or collaborating with an international influencer, here are some simple marketing tactics for ecommerce to keep in mind:
- Do background checks when choosing the right influencers for your brand. For example: Does their line of branding mesh well with your ecommerce business? What kind of audience does their content attract?
- Make sure to create a brief that’s clear that contains an outline and your expectations and goals out of the collaboration.
- Offer incentives to the influencer to promote your brand and provide them with a promo code for your company’s products and services that they can give their followers.
#6: Customer Reviews
Before we purchase a product, many of us look through customer reviews. Word-of-mouth marketing is more important than ever before. Once upon a time, we got this info from our friends and family, and now we can read the opinions of other customers about a product or service.
Customer reviews are a double-edged sword that you need to learn to cultivate to turn in your favor rather than against you. It’s a fundamental truth that unhappy customers are more likely to write reviews than content ones, so how can you ensure you get the good reviews you deserve?
One way of doing so is by making your customer reviews available in other languages through the use of translation tools and having the machine-translated content evaluated by language experts like a translation company or native translator to ensure that the message of the customer review is conveyed faithfully. This ensures that people can write good reviews in any language.
Below are some tactics for your ecommerce marketing strategy that can elevate the way you handle customer reviews:
- Encourage your online shoppers to give a review on your business by making follow-up emails and sending them after a purchase. You can offer incentive discounts on their next purchase.
- Update your profile regularly across multiple review sites.
- Handle inevitable negative reviews professionally; address the situation and offer them direct solutions to the problems that they experienced.
- Use negative reviews as a way to improve the way you provide customer services or make adjustments to your product.
#7: Upselling and Cross-selling
Once you have a robust customer base, you can either upsell or cross-sell to increase your order value and revenue. But what are upselling and cross-selling deals?
Upselling is where you offer clients a version of a product that is higher priced. Meanwhile, cross-selling is when you offer complimentary products that mesh well with an item as a bundle.
This is one of the trickiest ecommerce marketing tactics to do, but here are some tips for how you can implement it in your ecommerce marketing strategy:
- Use customer data you have on hand to analyze the buying habits of your clients and identify preferences.
- When upselling or cross-selling, make sure that at the heart of your decision is the customer experience; only offer services and products that are relevant to their needs.
- Imagery and language can go a long way when you persuade a customer to make an upgrade or add more items to their cart. So be sure to test and retest your creatives and copy to get the best outcome.
Sometimes, you are not getting the best outcome from your ecommerce marketing strategy because you are not retargeting your clients. New clients take much more money to bring in than getting older clients to repurchase, after all. You can use ads to retarget people who have visited your ecommerce website, have shown interest in your brand, or – best of all – who have made a purchase.
Remind them of your brand and the services and products you’re offering by incorporating retargeting strategies into your ecommerce search marketing tactics. Here are some pointers on how you can do this:
- Take advantage of tracking tools to identify the individuals who have visited your ecommerce website.
- If your target customer speaks another language, translate or localize your ads to make them aware of the services and products that your brand has to offer.
#9: Video Marketing
Video marketing has become one of the best ecommerce marketing tactics, especially short-form video content.
Many social media platforms prefer showcasing videos compared to other content, like short text posts, infographics, and images. The content that becomes viral is usually videos, which is why it is not surprising that many businesses use it to promote their brand.
We have listed a couple of considerations when creating an ecommerce online marketing strategy based around video content:
- Storytelling techniques are essential when creating video content, as they can help your brand better connect with your customers.
- As mentioned, you can create a video and post it across various social media sites. Modify your videos accordingly depending on the social media platform you’re using.
- Monitor your videos’ analytics, identify which videos have more views, and ask yourself what made your most successful videos attract people to them compared to your previous videos.
- You can translate your video’s captions to make it more accessible to international users.
#10: Mobile Optimization
Everyone uses smartphones and other mobile devices when browsing the web. So if you plan to improve your website’s user experience, maybe consider making it more mobile-friendly.
This can make the experience of your target audience more seamless and convenient. Below are some ecommerce marketing tactics you can use to optimize your ecommerce website for mobile users:
- Make your website aesthetically pleasing to the eyes across all devices.
- Be sure to have your images and videos load quickly.
- Simplify your checkout process on mobile to minimize friction and frustration.
- Test the website again and again on different devices and browsers to ensure that it is compatible.
- You can work with language professionals in the translation services sector to make your website not only mobile-friendly but also multilingual-friendly.
Ecommerce marketing can be cutthroat, but with the right ecommerce marketing tactics and strategy, you can increase your sales. By hiring an ecommerce marketing agency or expert in global marketing, like a translation company, you can accomplish your objectives in creating a strategy to build an audience, increase traffic to your multilingual website, and establish a relationship with your loyal customers. Hopefully, the tips and insights that we discussed in this article will help you get started to achieving your objectives and goal.