One of the biggest challenges that we see when we partner with Software as a Service (SaaS) companies is that they tend to have trouble coming up with content ideas. Chances are that if you are a SaaS marketer, you have encountered this yourself. Here are some tips to help you create compelling blogs for your SaaS company.
Bring in the Experts
Fresh out of content ideas? Your company is filled with people who have expertise in various subjects – Technology, Marketing, Finance etc. Create a list of company experts you feel would add the most value to your content. Don’t ask them to write the piece. Instead, take the time to interview them one-on-one, and then use the information to create your SaaS blog posts.
Consider reaching out to the following experts at your company:
- Company Leaders: Speaking with your upper management or your top company performers will help you gain in-depth knowledge of unique strategies, concepts or business models they have used over the years. Their expertise and experience can generate ideas for engaging and unique blog posts.
- Solution Architects: Solution Architects are experts in technology, strategy and design. They can share tips, strategies and techniques that will help your clients make the most of your software. You can use them to generate excellent content.
- Marketing Team: Your SaaS marketing team is at the forefront of the industry and always up-to-date with the latest trends and news in your industry. They can offer unique opinions on industry trends. You can take their input and expand upon it in your blog articles.
SaaS Industry Events and Tradeshows
Tapping into your company’s expertise is one way to generate new blog posts for SaaS companies, but looking for ideas at tradeshows and other industry events can be good source too. Here are some tips:
- Take advantage of industry events and trade shows you attend. See what other SaaS companies are sharing at these events. Talk with Industry Experts and Analysts. Create a unique hashtag and offer live tweets of the day’s events.
- After the event is over connect with other industry leaders on social media, and ask them to share their opinions on the event.
- Create new visual content with notable tweets or comments from industry leaders.
Did you know that the human brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than text? Use this to your advantage by adding visual and video content to your blog posts.
Videos can include short tip clips or demos of how your technology works. Visual content can include infographics and charts derived from company data.
Update Old Content
At the end of the day, not all of your content needs to be new. Review your older content and pinpoint pieces that are still relevant and can be potentially updated. For example, an old blog can be revised to include new strategies or an existing analysis blog topic can be updated to include new features.
Another great solution is to take some time to look at your SaaS blog posts. If you have a series of related blogs, you may be able to combine them into a downloadable guide or eBook.
If you still need help coming up with blog ideas, then it may be time to turn to a SaaS marketing firm. Feel free to contact us if you need help with creating blog content.